Foster City, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Quality
The Quality Engineer will support the development of quality related specifications and requirements to ensure that Zoox’s product and service provides a high level of quality that meets the defined standards/specifications and customer expectations. As part of a daily routine the Quality Engineer will interact with many different parties including with suppliers, internal departments, and service organizations in the respective field. Zoox’s Quality organization will rely upon different QE’s with different competences and focus, such as: New Product Development, Body/Trim, Electrical, Vehicle Mechanics, Fastening, Test/Systems.
- Define and monitor the Quality control activities through the entire manufacturing process starting from design through supporting quality definition, FMEA analysis, continuing in the production process and ending up with the “in service” activity, monitoring Quality standards and taking actions to fix quality issues (failure analysis, recall campaigns, etc).
- Contribute to the definition and improvement of Zoox Quality Policy and Manual.
- Create the procedures, instructions, and processes that will allow Zoox to align with the international standards for Quality Systems (IATF 16949, ISO 9000 and similar).
- Engineering Degree in respective field (Manufacturing, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quality engineering (electronic /mechanical / testing)
- Understanding of automotive AIAG requirements such as FMEA process / Control Plan / APQP
- Able to lead teams in regards to APQP and Problem Solving
- Able to work fully independent with minimal supervision
- Past manufacturing engineering experience
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier experience
- Process Improvement certification (Lean Six Sigma / Shainin)
- CATIA V5/V6 experience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.