Foster City, CA
Information Technology – Enterprise Security
Zoox is seeking an experienced Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Engineer who will be responsible for helping ensure the security of our customers, staff, systems, communications, and data.
The PKI Engineer will support the implementation, maintenance and upkeep of the Zoox X.509 system. This work will include PKI build out, training of staff in PKI usage, and documentation of same. The candidate will work closely with other departments to ensure proper and secure usage of certificates at Zoox for purposes such as user identification, code signing, server certificates, certificates for mobile devices, certificate suspension, key recovery, and other associated tasks. The candidate will help develop the programs, tools and processes required to ensure the viability of the Zoox PKI system.
This role requires a detail oriented, documentation obsessed personality. As has been demonstrated time and again, operational mistakes in this realm can be extremely costly both in terms of time and money. The ideal candidate will understand the real world and technological challenges required to allow an organization to run a successful PKI system.
- PKI engineering and administration
- Thorough understanding of X.509 and associated RFCs
- Practical knowledge of how to use keys and certificates to secure data at rest and in transit.
- Ability to use OpenSSL or other utilities to build and analyze certificates, CRLs, and other related tasks.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. You will be working in a cross functional role and have visibility across the entire enterprise.
- Ability to develop and document policies and procedures as well as explain their significance
- Aptitude to address negative situations, and resolve them in a positive manner
- 2+ years of PKI administration and engineering
- 5+ years of Information Technology experience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.