Mechanical Design Intern
Foster City, CA
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Mechanical Engineering
As a mechanical design engineering intern, you will work within a multidisciplinary engineering team to develop the mechanical and thermal solutions that enable cutting edge self-driving car technology platforms - including computing systems and sensors - to operate in challenging automotive conditions. You will get the opportunity to work with some of the industry’s top engineers from automotive, robotics and aerospace backgrounds on difficult and exciting platforms.
Summer 2019 Internship - Accepting applications through April 1, 2019
For students able to start between May 1 and June 15 of 2019
Minimum of 12 week internship
- Component design, including sheet metal, small machined parts, small injection molded parts.
- Thermal, structural, and modal analysis using FEA tools.
- Project ownership, including tracking down hardware and the right engineers to drive projects to completion.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to design, implement, and test platforms to integrate into larger systems.
What You'll Need
- Candidate for undergraduate or graduate degree in mechanical engineering, or comparable degree
- 3D CAD Modeling skills, Catia v6 preferable but not required
- At least one previous co-op or internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- At least one previous co-op or internship in Robotics, Aerospace or Automotive companies.
- Prior experience in delivering product from design concept phase to production release
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.