Software Engineer - Tools
Menlo Park, CA
Engineering – Software
At Zoox, you will be part of a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, mechatronics, planning, machine learning, control, localization, computer vision, rendering, simulation, distributed computing, design, and automated testing. Our Tools Engineers act as a multiplier for all other teams' efficiency, build scalable systems that allow us to move quickly today, and stay ahead of the competition in the long run.
You'll have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies ranging from a full web stack, to desktop applications, to 3D rendering and more. Our Tools Engineers bring their expertise to each project they tackle, build both on-vehicle and off-vehicle systems as necessary, and always move Zoox forward. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and highly impact the final product.
- Bachelors degree in an engineering, math, or related field
- Fluency in C / C++, or Python
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Strong mathematics skills
- Masters degree in computer science or related degree
- Experience handling large data sets
- Experience with web technologies (AWS, S3, EC2, SQL, HTML, JS, CSS)
- Solid understanding of ROS
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.