Systems Engineer - Hardware Functional Safety
Foster City, CA /
System Design and Mission Assurance – Systems Engineering /
As a systems engineer at Zoox, you will be working with members of the functional safety and system design teams to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving. You are responsible for ensuring these systems are developed within a process that results in end-to- end traceability of both functional safety targets and product requirements.
- Drive approach for functional safety and architecture of executive processors according to ISO26262 and against system level safety goals
- Participation in quantitative and qualitative functional safety activities that lead to development of HARAs, FTAs, FMEAs, and/or FMEDAs
- Assist other teams with the implementation of systems engineering processes, can also include cross-functional reviews of requirements and test cases
- Define and manage system requirements that both satisfy product requirements and achieve functional safety targets
- Collaborate with hardware/software engineers to ensure system requirements and desired functionality is achieved
- Development of test plans, test cases, and perform black box integration testing
- Review deliverables from internal and/or 3rd party suppliers to ensure system-level requirements are met
- Electrical or computing background with detailed schematic understanding and hardware software integration experience
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Degree in Aerospace, Computer Science, Electrical, or Systems Engineering with 5+ years relevant work experience
- Ability to write clear, concise, and verifiable requirements
- Experience with hazard analysis, functional decomposition, validation, and verification
- Strong understanding of part 5 of ISO-26262 or similar hardware safety standards
- System development experience within standards such as: ISO-26262, ISO-21448, ARP4754. ARP4761, DO-178C, DO-254, IEC 61508.
- Experience with a requirements management tool
- You have worked on at least one project across its full development cycle
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.