[Fall Internship] Firmware Intern - Validation Software
Foster City, CA
Software – Embedded Software & Systems Integration
Zoox's internship program provides hands-on experiences with state of the art technology, mentorship from some of the industry's brightest minds, and the opportunity to play a part in our success. Internships at Zoox are reserved for those that demonstrate outstanding academic performance, activities outside their course work, aptitude, curiosity, and a passion for Zoox's mission.
The Validation Software Engineer will be responsible for writing software to make it easier for engineers to write tests by designing software with the firmware team to integrate internal and external tools for automated firmware testing, manufacturing testing, integration, prototyping, and development. This role requires a candidate passionate about automation using both existing test frameworks as well as developing new ones.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors (graduating no later than 2021)
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience writing and integrating software in a team of other software engineers
- Involvement/leadership with campus clubs related to robotics, automotive, or related fields
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.