Quality Engineer, System Integration / QMS
Foster City, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Quality
Zoox Quality engineers will report to the Quality System Manager and have the final goal to support the development of the quality-related specifications and requirements and to ensure that Zoox’s product and service provides a high level of quality that meets the defined standards/specifications and in the end the customer expectation.
They will define and monitor Quality control activities throughout the process.
Starting from the design phase, supporting quality requirement definition, FMEA creation, and analysis, etc, continuing in the production process and ending up with the “in service” activity, monitoring Quality standards and taking actions to fix quality issues (failure analysis, recall campaigns, etc).
Part of the daily routine the Quality engineers will interact with many different departments starting with supplier quality, internal departments to service organizations in the respective field.
They contribute to the definition and improvement of Zoox Quality Policy and Manual.
They will play a fundamental role to support the setting up of procedures and instructions and processes that will allow Zoox to align with the international standards for Quality Systems (IATF 16949, ISO 9000 and similar).
- Lead development of Quality System Integration
- Establish / Support the link between Quality Processes and Zoox System such as ERP / QMS / MES / Portals / etc.
- Manage integration and timeline to establish a functional link between above processes
- Lead root cause analysis activities and corrective action implementation
- Support process improvement activities
- Support Quality System creation and implementation
- Responsible to create reports to show quality status in manufacturing, service, etc.
- BS in engineering / Information technology system
- Min 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in standard quality tool required (FMEA, Control Plan, 8D, PPAP, SPC, CAPA, etc.)
- Automotive background and understanding preferred
- Experience in VSM / Process mapping required
- Experience to implement quality processes into ERP/MES/QMS systems
- Ability to adapt in a fast-changing dynamic environment
- Able to lead independent activities such as Root Cause analysis, process improvement, etc.
- Experience in SAP implementation preferred
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.