Human Factors Engineer
Foster City, CA
Policy & Regulatory Affairs – Policy & Regulatory Affairs
The Human Factors Engineer will join the Safety and Policy Team. You will be responsible for applying human factors engineering methods throughout the design, development, and evaluation process to impact Zoox’s safety critical systems.
- Apply Human Factors and Ergonomics (HF/E) techniques and principles at all phases of technology and process development, from concept definition through detailed design and testing
- Lead all aspects of research projects including: meeting with stakeholders, scoping projects, choosing the appropriate methodology(s), apply quantitative and qualitative methods to generate HF/E requirements, create research plans, conduct studies, synthesize findings, and write actionable reports
- Present results of field observations, research, and usability testing to stakeholders to impact technology development and operations to senior leadership
- Collaborate cross-functionally, primarily with Product, Operations, and Engineering, as well as Design and Software groups
- Educate peers on human factors principles and how it applies to their projects
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in human factors, human-computer interaction (HCI), psychology, computer science, statistics, social sciences, anthropology, industrial design, or equivalent
- 5+ years of Human Factors or relevant work experience in an operational domain (e.g. automotive, aviation, healthcare, energy, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in written and verbal form
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills
- PhD in a relevant field
- Experience appropriately scoping projects for high growth startups
- Experience introducing new products to market and/or affecting field operations
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note: You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.