Vehicle Test Technician
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
As a Test Technician in Zoox’s Vehicle Integration Team, you will be responsible for the set up and execution of tests on Zoox development vehicles. This includes planning tests, organizing and installing test equipment, and executing tests according to the requestor’s procedures.
Testing will be required on various vehicle systems, such as vehicle performance, noise and vibration, thermal performance, strength, and durability. You will utilize your expertise in one or more of these areas to support these testing activities and work
closely with the responsible attribute lead.
- Execute vehicle level test requests with a focus on accuracy and thoroughness.
- Select appropriate sensors together with engineers and install test equipment in vehicle so test purpose can be realized.
- Support procurement and calibration of test equipment as necessary.
- Support preparing of test parts and updating of test vehicle(s) as dictated by the test requirement.
- Coordinate logistic requirements for vehicles, equipment and parts as dictated by the test requirement.
- Execute tests including collecting data as required.
- Support in analysis and reporting of data as necessary.
- Maintain workshop space to a high professional level in terms of safety, efficiency and cleanliness.
- Bachelors or technical degree
- Experience working with automotive development environment
- Experience working with test equipment in one or more areas like NVH, vehicle dynamics, thermal, strength, and durability
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.