Vehicle Safety and Emissions Certification Engineer
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
As a safety and emissions certification engineer, you will gain exposure to every part of the vehicle and how it works. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team that is certifying the first, ground-up autonomous vehicle design. Achieving this goal requires continuous problem-solving and creativity to navigate safety and emissions regulations at both a federal and state level.
- Lead identification of certification testing gaps at component level.
- Organize testing and report preparation for identified gaps.
- Support the engineering teams with development and assessment of test protocols for FMVSS tests and for CARB/EPA tests.
- Track certification testing and progress toward milestones.
- Analyze test reports and other certification documentation for sufficiency, accuracy, and completeness.
- Review and identify engineering changes with potential impact on certification basis.
- Assist Head of Homologation with developing interpretations of FMVSS.
- Lead submission of required regulatory reporting.
- Support issue resolution during vehicle launch.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field of study.
- 3+ years of experience in vehicle homologation, testing or design and release.
- Understanding of automotive regulations, especially FMVSS and EPA/CARB.
- Demonstrated knowledge of vehicle system components and functions.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop effective solutions efficiently.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.