Mechatronics Test Engineer
Foster City, CA /
Software – Hardware Software Integration /
The Hardware Software Integration team at Zoox is responsible for ensuring various hardware subsystems work reliably on our vehicle platform. As a Mechatronics Test engineer, you will develop tests to characterize, maintain and deploy next generation hardware systems for autonomous vehicles.
Candidates should have a mechanical/electronics background and knowledge of system architecture and harnessing. This role is essential and fundamental throughout the entire development stage of the program to ensure that characterization platforms are available to evaluate our hardware and software performance. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and technical expertise in building complex harnesses and interconnects.
- Design and Build various Hardware Test Platforms with the Hardware-Software Integration team
- Maintain + Update test scripts and diagnostic software to characterize autonomous vehicle platforms
- Develop and Build platform-level test systems to help characterize functionality, features and behaviors
- Support the integration and testing of prototype hardware
- Data and metric gathering, feeding back data to validate theories or models
- Work with cross-functional teams to reproduce issues observed in the field
- Develop documentation on the usage of these test frameworks for others to use
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics
- Prototyping and Fixturing experience for Hardware Test
- Strong experience with building harnesses and component integration
- Experience with reading/drafting mechanical drawings and harness diagrams (SolidWorks a plus)
- Knowledge of basic electrical characterization equipment (multimeters, etc)
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Experience automotive platform performance characterization
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.