Senior / Staff People Partner, Hardware
Foster City, CA
People Experience – People Operations /
We are inventors, builders, and doers, passionate and purposeful in the work we do. We have a once-in-a-century opportunity to reinvent personal transportation—and we need your help. The People Experience (HR) Team is passionate about creating an engaging and rewarding employee experience through meaningful and results-oriented programs and fit-for-purpose processes. Zoox is a company of inventors, builders, and doers. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology in a fun and collaborative work environment.
We are looking for a Senior or Staff People Partner to support clients within our Hardware teams, reporting to the Manager, People Partners of Hardware. This role is part of a broader team, acting as a strategic partner with senior leaders to influence and drive appropriate Talent Strategies enabling business execution. You will also be responsible for contributing to the People Experience Team to enhance and scale our Talent Practices and People Programs.
In this role, you will:
- Act as a strategic thought partner, advisor, and coach with business leaders, managers, and senior and critical ICs on strategic priorities and talent strategies.
- Develop and implement strategies for hiring, integrating, retaining, and developing talent.
- Drive and support the performance management process (calibrations, promotions, and performance improvement process and plans)
- Understand compensation philosophy and structure and have a high-level pulse on trends (internal feedback) and implications on pay programs.
- Manage projects effectively, meet deadlines and objectives, and coordinate with cross-functional teams when necessary.
- Assess talent trends and use data to influence leaders and inform decisions.
- 6+ years of experience as a People Partner/HRBP and 8+ years of total HR experience
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with senior leaders and cross-functional stakeholders, specifically within engineering
- Demonstrated results in executing inclusive, scalable Talent Strategies and programs in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, change management, consulting, teamwork, and influencing skills
- Strong judgment in assessing employee and business risk
- Knowledge of compensation strategies and packages that include equity
This hybrid role entails working in the office three days per week in our Foster City office (HQ).
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $154,000 to $221,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.