Foster City, CA /
Software – Hardware Systems Integration /
The Hardware Software Integration team at Zoox is responsible for ensuring various hardware subsystems work reliably on our vehicle platform on a day-to-day basis. To achieve that goal, the HWSI team is responsible for building and maintaining advanced testing frameworks for Hardware, Software and Embedded Firmware. As a Platform Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will be developing critical test infrastructure software and also ensuring that the platform continues to grow in a manageable and sustainable fashion under evolving requirements. Candidates should have a solid programming background with a passion for improving efficiency and fixing difficult problems.
This role is essential and fundamental to the development and execution stages of the vehicle program, by ensuring that our advanced testing infrastructure operates consistently with minimal downtime. This team is the first line of defense for the Zoox Software and Firmware development teams who depend on these frameworks to deliver autonomous driving functions. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, who is excited about being on-call as the first-responder to triage and debug difficult integration issues that arise from a rapidly growing infrastructure.
- Automate infrastructure tasks to ensure scalable operation of test platforms for engineering and operations environments
- Develop systems for monitoring connected test assets and recording detailed tester health information
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues (hardware or software); propose and implement solutions to ensure they occur with reduced frequency
- Participate in support rotation to ensure uptime
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in Python programming
- Experience with Linux (any flavor)
- Able to troubleshoot complex systems
- Can extract and report useful performance or service metrics
- Prior experience in an SRE role
- Experience with sensor hardware: cameras, radar, lidar, GPS, etc.
- Supported multiple production services
- Utilized tools like Ansible and Terraform effectively
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.