Logistics Compliance Manager
Foster City, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Logistics
The Logistics Compliance Program Manager will be responsible for ensuring that part deliveries are compliant and on schedule. They will help provide operational import compliance guidance to business units, customs brokers, freight forwarders and other service providers.
- Develop internal capabilities and knowledge in the area of logistics compliance, to include trade compliance as well as hazardous material handling
- Track, analyze and report transportation financial metrics in support of inbound transportation
- Manage invoicing and audit process and resolve issues regarding payment and rates
- Implement and oversee the freight claims process
- Lead and conduct audits to determine export/import compliance and implement improvement projects including but not limited to Markings, Country of Origin, and Harmonized Parts Classification
- Lead search initiatives for duty reduction opportunities on Misclassification of Parts and Customs Rulings
- Develop and implement risk assessments/gap analysis on International Trade issues within each region/country in which the company has legal entities
- Track performance of Customs service providers, compliance programs and savings opportunities through KPI's for monthly reporting
- Develop procedures, training modules and assessment programs to identify defects, develop solutions and coordinate improvement implementation
- Serve as regional liaison on behalf of Zoox Logistics and regulatory agencies. Develop and manage internal control programs for import and export compliance as per region and country specific
- Research and provide technical assistance in interpretation of laws/regulations, product description, harmonized tariff codes, country of origin and for the resolution of all import/export compliance issues for the region/country
- Work with regional and global counterparts to ensure common approaches, best practices and corrective action implementation
- Assist business units with implementing trade compliance requirements into relevant business practices and processes
- Establish internal database of compliance related logistics issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics/International Trade, Supply Chain or Finance/Accounting
- Expert knowledge in international trade regulations
- 5+ years of "hands-on" cross-border working experience, including strong connections with regulatory authorities in key region/specific countries
- Experience coordinating and participating in import/export audits
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of international trade regulations for region specific countries with a special focus on customs regulations, procedures and local practices, tariffs, duty preferences/programs, E/I compliance controls, free trade agreements, etc.
- Customs Broker License
- Hazmat Logistics Experience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.