System Integration Engineer
Menlo Park, CA
Engineering – Integration
The Control Systems team at Zoox is responsible for bringing together the computer science world with the automotive world in order to create an amazing product. You will be challenged to solve real-world control and integration problems with a team of world-class engineers. We are looking for a an engineer that is passionate about autonomous driving and has strong problem-solving skills.
- Develop and test software in C/C++ for real-time embedded controllers
- Contribute to failure and hazard analyses and implement safety mitigations in the control software
- Work with simulation engineers to build simulation architecture and physics models, define and execute tests on the unit/board/function/system level
- Design, implement, and validate control strategies for vehicle’s dynamics and other components
- Work with software engineers on sensors benchmarking, communication, and calibration.
- Experience in building software or hardware for mechatronics systems.
- Programming skills, e.g. in C / C++ / Python / Matlab / Simulink
- Knowledge of control systems (e.g. PID, optimal controls, etc)
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics, automotive sensors and actuators
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering
- Understanding of real-time operating systems is a plus
- Experience with ROS
- Strong analytical and physics skills
- Knowledge of communication buses such as CAN, ethernet, SPI, and others is a plus
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.