Test Engineer, Mechatronics Systems
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
As a Mechatronics Systems Test Engineer, you will be applying your expertise to design and develop test setups and execute a wide variety of electrical and mechanical tests to qualify critical subsystems. You will be performing failure analysis and implementing corrective actions for issues that arise during bring-up, solving intricate problems by working with cross functional teams, and truly exercising all aspects of the subsystem to qualify it prior to deployment.
If you are excited about solving difficult problems and the opportunity to help define what an autonomous vehicle can be, we want to hear from you!
- Aid the design and development of system test fixtures that will fully exercise system functionality.
- Integration and verification of subsystems into the complete vehicle architecture.
- Establish and oversee safe operating procedures and test fixtures utilization.
- Perform basic control systems programming, data acquisition, and analysis tasks.
- Execute mechanical and environmental testing (e.g. shock, vibe, thermal, etc.).
- Aid in the design cycle by qualifying designs in an efficient and detailed manner.
- Coordinate with in house and out of house resources as needed.
- Root cause analysis of test hardware and units under test failures.
- Drive collaboration with system and design engineers to provide validation of root cause corrections.
- A degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering. Alternatively, substantial relevant experience and technical understanding.
- Understanding of electrics vehicle subsystems and powertrains is a plus
- Understanding of RF protocols such as Bluetooth, Bluetooth Low Energy, and WiFi a plus.
- Network protocols like CAN, LIN, and Ethernet
- Past experience with automotive networking and controllers.
- Electrical wiring harness prototyping.
- Basic programming skills to support setup of data acquisition and analysis tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and efficiently coordinate demands from diverse development teams.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.