Software Engineer - Simulation - Scenario Generation
Foster City, CA /
Software – Simulation /
Zoox is looking for software engineers to enable automatically generating effective and useful scenarios for validation and self-driving AI development. We want to build a framework that generates highly realistic scenarios, as well as provides flexibility for users to guide the generation for specific use cases.
- Scenario generators capable of creating scenarios with realistic distributions of agents and behaviors
- Conversion tools that generate scenarios from driving logs
- APIs for users to generate their own scenarios effectively
- Tools to quantify and improve the realism and usefulness of our scenarios
- Analysis and improving scenario coverage
- BS in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Experience with intelligent simulated agents/traffic
- 4+ years industry experience with C++
- 2+ years industry experience with Python
- Strong 2D/3D math
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Experience with software verification and validation
- Experience with path fitting or estimation methods
- Experience in robotics, traffic simulation, data science or machine learning
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.