Sensor HIL Test Engineer
Foster City, CA
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Sensor Engineering
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team. We are looking for a highly motivated Engineer to join our Advanced Hardware Engineering organization focusing on building an automated test system for emulating various sensors. You will architect, design, code, document and lead the work from start to finish.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Strong design and programming skills in C/C++, including object-oriented design and multi-threaded software
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies and tools (Agile, Git, unit testing, CI, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Bash
- Familiarity with networking protocols for data transfer and timing (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, PTP)
- Ability to multitask in a fast-moving environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to understand requirements and clearly document tools
- Experienced with Electronics (debugging, reading schematics)
- Familiarity with console and graphical UI frameworks, such as Qt
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.