Program Manager, Program Management Office
Foster City, CA
Program Management Office – Program Management Office
As a Program Manager in our Program Management Office (PMO) you will work cross-functionally with leaders across software, hardware, vehicle engineering, manufacturing, product, and go-to-market operations to drive our corporate strategy into effective execution at each stage of our growth curve.
You will facilitate and support time-sensitive key strategic and tactical decisions by framing the decisions appropriately and ensuring that information is complete and clearly communicated. It is your job to ensure that all engineering groups are coordinated, understand their priorities, and are on-track to deliver on our corporate milestones.
About the Program Management Office at Zoox:
The PMO supports some of the most complex, challenging, and cross-functional decisions and programs at Zoox. When needed, members of the PMO will roll up their sleeves and work hand-in-hand with engineering and operations to solve issues that arise.
We pride ourselves on our ability to take complexity and translate that into meaningful actions and high-quality, timely decisions. We have a strong track record of helping the organization execute more effectively across a number of different programs and initiatives. We do this through clear thinking, problem solving, implementing improved operational measures and influencing and coaching tactics.
- Support all teams to deliver high-fidelity operational plans and roadmaps aligned to Zoox’s overall milestones.
- Facilitate critical connections across teams and activities.
- Become a true value-add partner to the VPs and engineering organizations at Zoox.
- Drive faster and higher quality decision making across any pertinent topic that may require PMO support.
- Clarify strategy, manage risks in the roadmap, empower teams and drive clarity and ownership around execution.
- Influence, escalate, and resolve key issues and gaps to the relevant VPs (where needed) so corrective actions can be taken.
- You may be asked to step in operationally on any topic that may require support, working hand in hand with engineering and operations teams.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science and MBA or equivalent job experience.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, program management, or management consulting.
- Deep familiarity with hardware, and software development processes.
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- You are a distinctive problem solver that can structure and solve complex engineering and business problems by applying clear data-driven decision frameworks and effective communication methods.
- You can drill deep into key technical domains but still maintain big-picture strategic thinking.
- You build strong relations from the VP-level down to the shop-floor.
- You love to collaborate with people and build consensus across diverse stakeholders.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.