Software HIL Development Intern
Foster City, CA
Software – Software Architecture
As an intern developing code for our Hardware in the Loop (HIL) platform, you'll be interacting with all elements of our cutting edge AI software stack as well as simulated sensor inputs running on our main compute hardware. We are responsible for ensuring the Zoox codebase is safe, reliable, and performant, by implementing automated tests to measure performance and functionality on real hardware before it reaches the vehicle. Our systems allow for rapid prototyping of both hardware and software components.
We're looking for interns who have strong software engineering skills in C++, Python, and have experience with distributed systems.
If you're looking for a role where you get to work across the entire AI, sensor, and compute stacks for an autonomous vehicle, and you love building robust simulation and validation tools, this role is for you.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors (graduating no later than 2021)
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa (unofficial transcripts required)
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Strong proficiency in C++ and Python
- Experience with distributed systems (testing and debugging)
- Ability to understand complex hardware/software systems and interactions
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.