System Design & Mission Assurance Intern
Foster City, CA
System Design and Mission Assurance – System Design
As a systems engineer intern at Zoox, you will be working with members of the Functional Safety and System Design teams to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving. You will work on scenario derivation for safety analyses and perception requirements, and assess the safety of various scenarios.
This team is responsible for ensuring these systems are developed within a process that results in end-to- end traceability of both functional safety targets and product requirements.
- Currently working towards a M.S. or Ph.D. in related program (Aerospace, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems) and within 1 year of graduation.
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Matlab (advanced knowledge)
- Python (basic knowledge)
- C++ (basic knowledge)
- Publications in your field
- Previous professional experience in the AV industry
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.