Safety Engineer, EHS
Foster City, CA /
Legal – EHS & Security /
Reporting to the EHS Manager, the Safety Engineer is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of EHS standard to help the company meet regulatory requirements and to keep employees, contractors and visitors safe. This includes documenting procedures, developing training materials, delivering training, auditing, incident investigations, and partnership with internal organizations in environments such as office, R&D, manufacturing, auto servicing, machine shops and hardware labs
- Develop, implement, train and enforce company health, safety and environmental policies as well as local, state and federal regulations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of training programs.
- Lead incident investigations and risk assessment activities.
- Assist with regular safety meetings and audits.
- Routinely monitor operations to ensure compliance.
- Identify and evaluate potential facility hazards to recommend and implement appropriate preventative measures, safeguards and administrative controls.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to implement programs, processes, and procedures that meet requirements without being overly restrictive where possible.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience implementing and sustaining regulatory compliance programs, preferably with a focus on Hazcom, Electrical Safety, Emergency Response, Control of Hazardous Energies, Powered Industrial Trucks, Ergonomics and Contractor Safety.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude.
- Able to identify and interpret appropriate regulations and apply them to a diverse work environment.
- Professional certification such as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), General Safety Practitioner (GSP) or other related certification.
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Engineering, Public Health or other related program.
- Experience in vehicle servicing, manufacturing and / or R&D operations.
- Experience or understanding of Environmental or Industrial Hygiene programs and implementation.
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note: You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.