Senior Benefits Specialist
Foster City, CA
People Experience – People Operations
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
We believe that just as the combustion engine took society from the age of the horse and carriage to the automobile, autonomous mobility technology will take us to the next era in transportation. Our vision is to connect people and places in wonderful ways, while at the same time improving public safety and reducing harmful greenhouse gas emissions. Our goal is to imagine this future and build it today, for a safer and more sustainable tomorrow.
Who You Are
You are the professional and energetic People advocate, making sure that the people who work for Zoox are healthy, happy, and have clean teeth. You make sure that people can work here with peace of mind and treat employees with compassion and fairness. As a key component in the People Experience team, you apply benefits positively to impact company culture. You are the emergent leader, helping build the overarching vision for how benefits can make Zoox a better place to work.
What You'll Do
As a functional lead, the Benefits Specialist will need to balance priorities of employees, managers, senior leaders, and the company. The Benefits Specialist will lead the administration, communication, and promotion of our benefits programs. This includes helping define benefits strategy, collaborating with key partners and benefits consultants in executing the benefits roadmap, and promoting employee understanding of our benefits offerings through education and marketing campaigns. The Benefits Specialist will be the point of contact and coordinate with vendors in the day-to-day activity on all fronts for Benefits.
- Day-to-Day administration of benefits programs such as group medical/dental, disability/leaves of absence, life insurance, and retirement plans, etc.
- Design and activation of communication strategy to educate our employees on plan options, policy features, enrollment windows so they are informed to make the right decisions
- Lead the Open Enrollment process (plan renewals, system configurations and integrations with vendors, vendor and internal communications)
- Develop proposals to evolve our benefits offerings to match the scale of the company
- Partner with Wellbeing Program Manager in promoting wellness initiatives, ideating in innovative programs that anticipate employee needs, and optimizing the employee experience
- Ensure Federal and State compliance through collaborative partnerships with our retirements administrator in 5500 filings and other regulatory reporting requirements related to Zoox’s benefits programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in full cycle benefits administration preferred
- Experience working with Workday in Benefits administration and Open Enrollment
- Working knowledge of group medical/dental plan policies and practices
- Solid understanding of Federal and State regulations on Benefits, Retirement, Leaves of Absence.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interpret benefits plan options and policy features to a broad audience with variable familiarity of benefits
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note: You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.