Firmware Engineer - Networking
Foster City or San Diego, CA
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Firmware /
Zoox is seeking a Firmware Engineer to lead and drive networking firmware development on an autonomous vehicle. You will be responsible for designing and maintaining the firmware for critical networking devices within the autonomous vehicle.
You will be working with multiple teams and at multiple system levels to ensure that the vehicle has reliable and efficient internal networking communications. You will be working on several networking devices and chipset firmwares, running multiple protocols, and at several speeds.
- You will develop and maintain networking firmware for multiple interconnected devices
- You will solve root-cause system and device-level networking issues, and facilitate rapid resolution to these issues
- You will work with vendors to fix third-party bugs, and add third-party features and support development of automated networking testing infrastructure
- 5+ years experience developing networking firmware
- Deep understanding of networking principles
- Hands-on experience debugging complex networking issues
- Proficiency in C/C++ and experience in linux kernel driver development
- Experience with automotive Ethernet
- Experience developing tools in Python
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $139,000 to $230,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.