San Carlos, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Prototyping
As a CNC Programmer at Zoox, you'll interface with a broad range of Engineers, CNC Programmers and Craftspeople to build hardware systems for our Vehicle, Compute, Sensor and testing fleets. Core values include a positive outlook, good interpersonal skills and a desire to positively affect a company genuinely trying to change the world. Familiarity with names like Hermle, DMG Mori, Semens and Heidenhain, Lang, Haimer and Robotic Solutions will give you a head start at Zoox. Your experience in a professional and well equipped CNC shop and positive outlook in a team environment will serve equally well in the path to success. Our team encompasses everything from Prototyping to Manufacturing operations. Career growth will be at your disposal. We serve an entire company and often volunteer to step outside our disciplines to help all that ask. If this sound like the position you're looking for, we look forward to meeting you.
- Interfacing with various team members to acquire the correct set of data needed to make parts
- Assisting in ordering materials needed for parts
- Manufacturing parts from one-off prototypes to short run production of parts
- 5+ years of experience
- 3/4/5 axis horizontal/vertical milling
- Experience working in Catia V5/V6 and Solidworks
- Experience with programming in Open Mind hyperMILL preferred
- Fixture design experience
- Wire EDM machining
- Familiarity with Esprit software
- KUKA robotic CNC with Robotmaster CAM
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.