Software Engineer - Simulation - Core
Foster City, CA /
Software – Simulation /
Simulation is essential for Zoox to rapidly iterate on our driving software and hardware, and to validate our safety before we drive in the real world. We create virtual worlds to challenge our robots, from real world data, entirely novel scenarios, or a combination of both. Our simulations need to run at a huge scale to cover everything that might happen, and to help prove our driving to be safe.
As a simulation core engineer you build the foundation on which simulation relies - from the fundamental concepts of the simulated world and time, through the architecture of our simulation modules, to the data flows and job scheduling of simulations in our supercomputer clusters on site and in the cloud.
- Architect and support foundational sim software
- Help develop the tools to define, manage and edit our library of running scenarios
- To improve simulation performance: both directly and by building tools to help others
- Setup diagnostics and systems that enable users to unblock issues for themselves and others
- Ensure the reproducibility of simulation results
- Own the interface between simulation and rest of the self-driving software stack
- A BS in Computer Science or a similar discipline.
- 4+ years industry experience writing C++
- Mathematics skills such as trigonometry and linear algebra
- Automotive, robotics, or video game industry experience
- System design experience, especially of software pipelines in computer clusters
- Experience in performance optimization, from single-threaded applications to whole clusters
- Experience in data science and machine learning
- Familiarity with Python
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.