Software Engineer - Safety Critical Perception
Foster City, CA
Software – Perception
As a safety critical software engineer in our perception team, you will be responsible for bringing cutting-edge perception systems towards high standard safety ratings. Not only solving hard problems in sensing and estimation, this is a highly multidisciplinary role that will get yourself exposed to safety-critical system engineering, motion planning and controls, and embedded computing. You will lead the effort redefining what cutting-edge AI software can do in high mission-assurance environments.
- M.S. or higher degree in related field
- Proficient with C/C++
- Passionate about writing production quality and safety-critical code
- Be able to solve hard problems using first principles, mathematic and physics
- Experience in embedded software development
- Experience with sensor signal processing (radar, lidar, IMU, etc) or avionics
- Experience with writing functional requirements driven code and familiar with formal verification & validation techniques
- Experience with ISO26262, ASIL, DO-178B/C, etc
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.