Software Engineer - Safety-Critical Perception
Foster City, CA /
Software – Perception /
Zoox is looking for a safety critical software engineer to join our Perception team. In this role, you will be responsible for bringing cutting-edge perception systems towards high standard safety ratings. This is a multidisciplinary role that will get you exposed to safety-critical system engineering, motion planning and controls, and embedded computing. You will lead the effort of redefining what cutting-edge AI software can do in high mission-assurance environments.
- MS or higher degree in related field
- Proficiency with C/C++
- Passion for writing production-quality and safety-critical code
- Ability to solve hard problems using first principles, mathematics, and physics
- Experience in embedded software development
- Experience with sensor signal processing (radar, LiDAR, IMU, etc) or avionics
- Experience with writing functional requirements driven code and familiar with formal verification & validation techniques
- Experience with ISO26262, ASIL, DO-178B/C, etc.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.