Foster City, CA
Software – Data
The Data team uses the data from our autonomous vehicles to drive strategic decision-making throughout the company. You will develop and implement the next generation of our data pipeline as we scale toward the launch of an autonomous mobility service. This role is not about maintaining an existing system or tweaking a pipeline. You will define the system and build the pipeline to enable Zoox to test and improve faster with a data-first culture.
- Designing, building, and maintaining the infrastructure that transforms logs from our autonomous driving to structured data used around the company
- Defining and executing on how data from perception, prediction, planning and other parts of autonomous stack is consumed to generate valuable insights by data scientists, engineers, and business users
- Establishing robust data integrity monitoring so that company-wide metrics are based on accurate data
- Partnering with engineering and product teams to define data consumption patterns
- 4+ years of data engineering experience designing and building complex data infrastructure
- Exceptional programming skills in at least one of java/scala, python, or c++
- Advanced SQL and data warehousing experience
- Experience operating a workflow manager such as Airflow
- Experience with large scale streaming platforms (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis), processing frameworks (e.g. Spark, Hadoop) and storage engines (e.g. HDFS, HBase)
- A strong DataOps mindset and opinions on next generation warehousing tools
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.