Senior Program Manager - Vehicle Operations
San Francisco, CA
Fleet Operations – Technical Operations
Zoox has embarked on a highly ambitious journey to develop a full-stack autonomous mobility solution for our cities. As our Vehicle Operations team develops and scales, so does the challenge to understand operations data, ensure effective communication between development and operations, and inform key decisions to successfully scale the organization.
In this role, you will drive and present analysis in support of key strategic operations initiatives. Your domain of program management includes the analysis of logistical and financial parameters of vehicle and personnel resources, the ability to scale operations in accordance with the maturation of Zoox’s autonomous vehicle in quantity and complexity, and the means to lead true organizational change - all throughout the growing times and locations in which our vehicle operations team functions.
You will serve as a key representative and liaison of the Vehicle Operations group and work closely with the Software and Hardware development groups, Product, People & Culture, Strategy, Finance, and the Executive Office. You will support Vehicle Operations internal programs, projects, and teams with quantitative analysis, documentation, and modeling. You will facilitate and support time-sensitive key strategic and tactical decisions by framing the decisions and their consequences appropriately and ensuring that information is complete and clearly communicated. It will be your responsibility to ensure that the actions and results of Vehicle Operations at Zoox are understood company-wide and that the priorities are communicated and delivered on time and on budget.
- Overall program management of Zoox’s Vehicle Operations
- Work closely with decision makers internally and in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support operational solutions in support of Zoox’s major initiatives
- Work with cross-functional leaders in engineering, finance, and strategy to define, track, and project resource requirements (e.g. headcount, budget, vehicles, facilities)
- Establish standard reporting procedures to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on the status, results, issues, risks, failures, and accomplishments of Vehicle Operations
- Analyze large-scale structured and unstructured data, develop models, design and develop core operations metrics, create comprehensive and concise automated dashboards and data visualization, extract and present critical operational insights
- Support key decisions working cross-functionally across engineering, finance, and strategy to reach the right conclusions; provide recommendations to key business decisions based on data-driven studies
- BS or MS degree in an engineering, financial, or mathematical discipline, or equivalent experience
- The ability to effectively communicate complex information by balancing art and science in visual presentations
- The ability to design, understand, and make use of information based in massive and complex data sets
- Meticulous attention to detail, superior organization skills, and the ability to see the bigger picture
- A strong sense of ownership and the drive to guide projects and tasks to completion
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts)
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Ability to manage confidential information
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.