Software Systems Engineer
Software – Software Systems Engineering
As a software systems engineer, you will ensure that Zoox’s safety-critical, mission-critical, and business-critical software systems are scalable, safe, and ready for real-world deployment. You are able to analyze and comprehend complex software and hardware at varying levels of abstraction, and implement robust software systems that are introspectable, maintainable, testable, and — above all — well-understood. You are broadly competent across many engineering disciplines, and a deep expert in several. You are able to communicate effectively on technical and non-technical topics with diverse groups of people, from interns and contractors, to external partners, to company leadership. You have strong opinions which you hold lightly. You are effective at earning trust and generating alignment across a variety of stakeholders. You have designed and built software that has been deployed broadly, and has had a meaningful business impact.
- Work with many cross-functional teams and at different levels within the organization to understand existing systems, identify gaps and future needs
- Design and help develop robust hardware and software that meets the functional and safety requirements for the world’s best autonomous mobility service
- Evangelize and ensure continued alignment for the efforts you lead
- Propose innovative methods and tools to develop high-assurance hardware and software systems that are scalable, maintainable, and well-understood
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant subject such as Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering
- 3+ years experience in full-lifecycle safety-critical software development, including requirements, design, integration, validation, and verification
- Hands-on experience with real-time, safety-critical hardware and software
- Experience with programming concepts and algorithm design
- Competence in C/C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a variety of audiences
- Experience with development and test processes supporting vehicle certification (ISO-26262, ISO-21448, DO-178B/C, DO-254, DO-160)
- Familiarity with formal verification methods and tools (Spin, TLA+, etc)
- Experience with MATLAB, Python
- Experience with computer vision
- Experience with GPU programming
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.