San Carlos, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Advanced Hardware Manufacturing
The Material Manager will be an integral member of Advance Hardware Manufacturing Operations, with responsibilities aimed at on-time “Sense & Compute” delivery through execution of the strategic and tactical supply chain plan. This position is responsible for all internal supply chain activities and will drive materials management best practices to achieve production schedules, meet design requirements, align capacity, optimize the utilization of the workforce, and minimize manufacturing costs. This individual is also responsible for inventory control by managing cycle count, physical inventory processes, and internal materials replenishment strategy to meet inventory DOH and excess & obsolete management targets.
As a Material Manager, you will work within a multidisciplinary engineering team to build sensor and compute suites supporting our autonomous vehicle fleets. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the development of manufacturing functional tests for PCBAs, subassemblies and final products.
- You will be working closely with the product development, manufacturing / test engineering teams across the company to ensure that sense & compute hardware for Zoox's robots is manufactured to highest standards.
- Executes the materials management strategy to support Production Planning, Production Scheduling, Order Fulfillment, Material releases, Material Handling, Logistics, and Inventory control.
- Ensures that production activities are scheduled in a manner, which will make efficient operations possible, and at the same time, assure the fulfillment of customer delivery requirements.
- Responsible for engaging the production plan of the various materials, parts, and subassemblies required by the plant. Drives for resolution of material shortages.
- Responsible to maintain and coordinate activities to ensure vital Manufacturing Operations metrics, including but not limited to; On-time delivery, Backlog, Days on Hand inventory, and past due Work Orders/Schedules.
- Coordinate 3rd party warehousing, Consignment, Vendor Manager Inventory (VMI), and other offsite scheduling as needed.
- Leverages the annual and monthly operating plans to determine appropriate objectives and performance expectations for the materials management team.
- Direct management of the production planners, and material specialists. Align activities with Buyers, and logistics coordinators.
- Train and educate the materials management team on the use of supply chain management techniques, various business systems, varieties of reports and other related tools.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- 5 years’ experience minimum in supply chain functions
- 2 years’ experience minimum in a Direct Leadership role
- Master of Science degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Operations from an accredited institution
- APICS CSCP or CPIM Certification
- Proficiency in SAP ECC/MRP planning and/or purchasing modules
- Prior experience with shop floor inventory control or manufacturing operations optimization
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making
- Demonstrated knowledge of institutional problem-solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, pareto charts, statistical process control, process mapping, tree diagrams and root cause analysis
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management and facilitation skills
- Strong PC skills – Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.