Test Engineer, Quality
Foster City, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Quality
The Quality Engineer will support the development of quality related specifications and requirements to ensure that Zoox’s product and service provides a high level of quality that meets the defined standards/specifications and customer expectations. As part of a daily routine the Quality Engineer will interact with many different parties including with suppliers, internal departments, and service organizations in the respective field. This role in particular will have a Test focus.
- Support the definition and the implementation of quality related activities regarding the external / internal test procedures to ensure vehicle quality verification test meet regulatory / design intent.
- Develop operation level test procedures to support manufacturing procedures at Zoox and suppliers.
- Establish product related test plans based on functional requirements, manage testing, analyze results and report statistics and results.
- Alongside product engineering, intorduce new product requirements into test procedures.
- Monitor test results and processes, drive corrective actions and continuous improvement activities within the manufacturing test field.
- Engineering Degree in respective field - Electronic / Mechanical / IT
- Advanced Problem Solving certification (Six Sigma / Shainin) preferred
- At least 5+ years experience in quality engineering (electronic /mechanical / testing) company
- Previous experience in the manufacturing vehicle test field is a must.
- Expert understanding of automotive AIAG requirements such as FMEA process / Control Plan / APQP
- Able to lead teams in regards to APQP and Problem Solving
- Individual able to work fully independent with minimal supervision
- Past manufacturing engineering experience a plus
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.