Security Program Manager, Campus Operations
San Francisco, CA
Legal – EHS & Security /
The Security Program Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and daily operations of physical security protocols and procedures designed to protect the people, assets, and reputation of Zoox. This includes developing and documenting standards, developing training materials, delivering training, auditing and revising security procedures, assisting with investigations, and partnering with cross-functional teams across the organization. This role will report to the Security Manager.
- Develop, implement, deliver training, and enforce company security policies and procedures
- Assist the Security Manager with, and appropriately document investigations and risk assessments
- Conduct regular audits and revise procedures for access control, badging, and other physical security programs
- Represent the physical security program in meetings with cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure the safety and security of Zoox personnel and assets
- Lead and manage security incident response for all sites within the assigned region
- Develop internal protocols and procedures for third-party vendors, including security officers, access control, video surveillance, and other hardware and software platforms in accordance with Zoox standards and contractual requirements
- Assist with the design and implementation of security projects in coordination with the Information Technology (IT), and the Places and Build (Facilities) teams
- Develop and administer documentation and training for a variety of physical security programs, including, but not limited to workplace violence prevention, incident response, emergency communications, visitor policies, travel security, executive protection, protective intelligence, etc.
- Coordinate and build relationships with appropriate public safety organizations within close geographical proximity to Zoox facilities and operations
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Security Manager
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience working in corporate security, law enforcement, and/or military operations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience and technical aptitude with access control management systems and CCTV systems
- Strong understanding of physical security best practices related to guardforce deployment, access control, incident management, emergency communications, and escalation processes
- Experience performing investigations, including conducting interviews, collecting evidence, partnering with cross-functional stakeholders, and writing investigative reports
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 3+ years of experience developing and delivering training
- Professional security industry certifications such as APP, CPP, CFI, CFE, and/or PSP
- Security Operations Center (SOC) and/or OSINT analysis experience
- Experience in Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) roles
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $88,000 to $143,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.