Prototyping Quality Coordinator - Manufacturing
Foster City, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Prototyping
The Prototyping (xOps) quality coordinator serves a crucial role within the Prototyping organization. This individual will be responsible for quality inspection of first articles and final inspection from the Prototyping shop, designing, implementing and maintaining a system to address post-manufacturing quality inspections, part delivery and tracking to Logistics, part retrieval for rework and part coordination for post processes. A Candidate for this role will have a background using dimensional measurement equipment, experience in a shop environment and the desire to take this knowledge and apply it to build their own system of quality and conveyance.
- Inspecting manufactured parts and creating quality and relevant documentation
- Recommend adjustments to the assembly or production process to bring parts into spec
- Maintain parts and material traceability
- Prototype department incoming inspection.
- Technical documentation overview (Drawings, GD&T, specifications)
- Experience with handheld measurement devices (calipers, micrometers)
- Experience with quality documentation and traceability
- Experience with materials (aluminum, steel, plastics)
- Experience inspecting CNC machining and sheet metal fabrication processes including welding and bonding.
- Read blueprints and specifications
- Smartsheets experience
- Strong communication skills
- CMM operation
- CAD software (SolidWorks, CATIA, 3DX)
- Laser engraving and part marking.
- Machine and Fabrication shop experience
- JIRA, Confluence
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.