Vehicle Test Engineer
Foster City, CA /
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering /
Zoox is developing fully autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring the technology to market at scale. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the vehicle performance using virtual tools and methodologies. In taking on ownership of vehicle testing activities, you will be an integral link to successfully validating the Zoox vehicle.
- You will own vehicle-level testing activities so they are conducted accurately and efficiently
- You will oversee and manage vehicle-level testing activities and/or work within a team to execute tests from request to reporting of results
- You will direct and support technicians in installing test equipment
- You will reserve appropriate test assets
- You will determine and arrange appropriate test facilities
- You will arrange necessary logistics (vehicle and or part transports)
- You will execute tests and compile data, as well as, analyze data and report results
- Engineering degree with 5+ years hands on experience in vehicle development testing; complete vehicle testing preferred
- Deep experience in one or more areas of vehicle testing such as NVH, Safety, Thermal, Vehicle Dynamics, etc.
- Excellent communication skills to coordinate technicians and testing support personnel
- Excellent organizational skills to coordinate all aspects of test activities
- Hands on knowledge and experience with instrumentation: data recorders, accelerometers, thermocouples and other transducers
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.