HW Integration Engineer - RF
San Carlos, CA
Engineering – Integration
The Hardware System Integration team at Zoox is responsible for ensuring various hardware subsystems work reliably on our vehicle platform. As the RF Compliance Integration engineer, you will develop, characterize, and deploy specialized hardware for the next generation of autonomous vehicles.
Candidates should have a solid RF EE background and knowledge of the principles of antenna design. This role is essential and fundamental throughout the entire development stage of the program to ensure that any RF systems will operate reliably with margin and meet any regulatory requirements. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and technical expertise in debugging difficult electrical integration issues.
- Assist the design teams in creating and evaluating designs and concepts
- System-level electrical characterization of vehicle functionality, features, and behaviors
- Integrating subsystem components via the design of custom test PCBs
- Characterize electrical parameters (EMI/EMC and RF performance)
- Data and metric gathering, feeding back data to validate theories or models
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve system-level coexistence issues
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- RF Test background or education essential
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong background in RF and EMI characterization
- Experience with RF simulation tools (ADS, HFSS… etc)
- Knowledge of electrical characterization equipment (oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers… etc)
- Optional: Experience with analog electronics and mixed-signal design
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.