Radar Processing Engineer
Foster City, CA
Engineering – Advanced Hardware
We are looking for individuals with experience in radar processing to join the Advance Hardware team at Zoox. You’ll be engaged in evaluating and characterizing cutting edge high resolution radar systems. You’ll have the opportunity to form Zoox’s radar roadmap while having access to conventional and cutting edge radar systems that use technologies such as MIMO, Phased Array, FMCW, PMCW.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in radar algorithms development.
- Strong background in Signal Processing and Algorithm Development related to radars
- Handson and theoretical background in radar theory and radar signal processing techniques including FMCW, MIMO, phased array beamforming, clutter reduction and detection techniques
- Extensive software development and scripting skills in C/C++, Python and Matlab
- Strong background in Communication Theory, Estimation theory, Statistical Signal Processing, and Adaptive Filtering Techniques.
- Experience with developing complex test setups including, radars, cameras, gibles, GPS systems and object tracking.
- Experience in System level end-to-end prototype design and characterization.
- MS or PhD in a relevant degree (CS/CE, EE, ME etc.).
- Prior experience of designing radar systems with automotive radar chips
- Experience in 3D object tracking, sensor fusion for ADAS and self-driving tasks Experience with autonomous robots.
- Experience in working with different Digital Signal Processors (DSPs), Radar Processing Units (RPUs) and FPGA’s.
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Experience in radar system testing and characterization using radar dummies, surfboard systems and GPS systems.
- Prior experience in automotive radar development.
- Experience in radar calibration.
- Experience in Antenna design.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.