Radar Processing Test Engineer
Foster City, CA
Engineering – Advanced Hardware
We are looking for individuals with experience in radar processing to join the Advance Hardware team at Zoox. You’ll be engaged in evaluating and characterizing cutting edge high resolution radar systems. You’ll have the opportunity to form Zoox’s radar roadmap while having access to conventional and cutting edge radar systems that use technologies such as MIMO, Phased Array, FMCW, PMCW.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in radar system testing and characterization using radar dummies, surfboard systems and GPS systems.
- Handson and theoretical background of radar signal processing techniques including FMCW, MIMO, phased array beamforming, clutter reduction and detection techniques
- Extensive software development and scripting skills in C/C++, Python
- Experience in radar driver development in Unix environment
- Ability to develop, plan and execute radar evaluation and characterization tests and postprocess radar data to generate characterization results
- Experience with developing complex test setups including, radars, cameras, gmibles, GPS systems and object tracking
- BS or MS in a relevant degree (CS/CE, EE, ME etc.).
- Experience in developing radar signal processing algorithms.
- Experience in 3D object tracking, sensor fusion for ADAS and self-driving tasks Experience with autonomous robots.
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Experience in System level end-to-end prototype design and characterization.
- Experience in working with digital signal processors, microcontrollers and FPGAs.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.