San Carlos, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Advanced Hardware Manufacturing
The Production Planner is responsible for creating and implementing schedules to maintain effective production control in a complex manufacturing environment.
This role will collaborate on demand planning, drive production schedules, and labor/equipment efficiency. Responsibilities includes driving efficiencies, developing production capacity, align delivery schedules, optimize the utilization of the workforce, and minimize manufacturing costs.
You will be responsible for the proper use of the ERP manufacturing planning system. This includes MRP, production work order release, material allocations, BOMs, capacity and load planning, and project and Work Center schedule execution. Minimal supervision of daily activities will be required with independent judgment relative to work activities expected. Projects are regularly custom or low volume production builds requiring the Planner to be comfortable with a challenging, rapidly changing environment.
- Oversight and maintenance of work schedules, JIRA project assignments, and Service Desk requests
- Analyze demand signals from Zoox’s program forecasts to create production work orders.
- Collaborate with Material and Supply Chain management -- publish clear to build schedules for production.
- Create Master Production Schedule for a 12-month planning horizon. Prepare weekly and daily schedules for assigned product lines with the overall master schedule as the guide.
- Communicate weekly production schedule and output with key stakeholders, inclusive of but not limited to the Production Managers, Engineers and Technicians.
- Align with the Material Program Manager on forecast changes driven from operations planning and Incorporate shifts in forecasts into Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- Execute material implementation plans against material and engineering change orders with the change coordination department.
- Partner with cross functional Demand Planning, Purchasing, Quality, Operations and Manufacturing teams to align to Zoox standards of production planning.
- Provide engineering with production lead times for quoting estimates, issuing engineering work orders and providing recommendations to planning
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, priorities, material shortages, equipment failure, backlogs, or other interruptions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 5 years’ experience minimum in a rapid pace, prototyping manufacturing environment
- 2 years’ experience minimum in a Direct Leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a prototyping manufacturing organization (heavy mix / low volumes).
- Ability to work in groups to solve problems and find innovative solutions to engineering and resource challenges
- High level of initiative and dependability, organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience building wiring harnesses & electrical box builds for custom and low volume batch builds
- Master of Science degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Operations from an accredited institution
- Proficiency in PLM; MRP; ERP platforms
- Prior experience with manufacturing operations optimization & shop floor inventory control
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making
- Demonstrated knowledge of institutional problem-solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, Pareto charts, process mapping.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management skills
- Advanced Excel proficiency
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.