San Carlos, CA
Engineering – Software
The Firmware Engineering team at Zoox is responsible for bringing together the computer science world with the automotive world in order to create an amazing product. As a firmware engineer, you should be passionate about developing production-quality code and designing a product that meets the high safety requirements needed for autonomous driving. Having an advanced degree is a plus but not mandatory. We are looking for a person that is focused and has experience shipping quality products.
- Develop, debug, optimize, review, and test firmware in C/C++ for multiple real-time embedded platforms
- Work at all levels of the embedded software stack, including drivers, middleware, libraries, and applications
- Define and architect embedded software systems, including capturing requirements, and creating supporting design documentation
- Work with electrical engineers to define and review embedded hardware designs
- 5+ years professional experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field
- Fluent in C / C++
- Experience working within the automotive products/field
- Experience developing embedded software for safety-critical applications
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.