Controls Simulation Engineer
Foster City, CA
System Design and Mission Assurance – Verification & Validation
We are seeking a controls engineer with strong vehicle dynamics and controls simulation experience. This engineer will work with other members of the systems engineering team to analyze vehicle feedback control systems and develop simulation models/test cases to support the vehicle safety case.
- Develop Matlab/Simulink/CarMaker based simulations for analysis of vehicle dynamics and control systems.
- Create a simulation framework to test controller performance in the presence of component failures (flat tire, broken tie-rod, etc).
- Perform frequency analysis and tuning of integrated system level models
- Extract control system parameters (i.e. delays, etc.) from existing log files
- Create automated test-runs for testing of brake, steering, suspension and powertrain systems.
- Create scripts and tools for post-processing test results.
- Validate system requirements through the use of simulations, hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) and in-vehicle testing
- Troubleshoot test failures, identify root cause and recommend corrective actions
- Minimum Bachelors of Science in Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Science (Masters preferred)
- Strong knowledge of vehicle handling, ride and tire dynamics
- Strong knowledge of control theory, mechanical and electrical control systems
- Strong knowledge of System ID and Frequency Analysis techniques
- Experience working with one or more of these tools: Carmaker, Carsim, dSPACE ASM
- 2+ years experience with technical systems
- 4+ years experience with MATLAB/Simulink and Python
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience working with these tools: Vector CANalyzer, AB Dynamics Flex-0, OxTS RT3000, dSPACE MicroAutoBox.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.