Lead Facilities Technician
Foster City, CA
Finance – Facilities
Zoox is looking to hire skilled Facilities Technician to join our growing team. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Technician is responsible for handling and performing a variety of technical & non-technical maintenance tasks in order to support the safe, reliable and compliant operation of their assigned site(s). This role will support the overall goal of maintaining a neat, clean, and comfortable work environment within which our fellow employees may carry out their responsibilities with minimal distractions.
You will be expected to work independently and interact professionally with members of multiple Zoox departments and various outside contractors. A successful candidate will be a service-oriented individual with a passion for creating and maintaining beautiful work environments.
This role may be responsible for leading Facilities Technicians or work place staff in order to coordinate work requests and manage the work processes.
- Complete daily work orders assigned by manager. Prioritize work orders, handle urgent requests, respond to client calls and complete as needed. Enter/Close tickets as required
- Ensure the building is a clean and safe working environment and provide housekeeping with support when needed; immediately report potential unsafe conditions to management
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed
- Operates, maintains, monitors, and performs preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance on building equipment, which may include: mechanical/HVAC/plumbing systems, electrical/cabling, fire detection and suppression, life safety, lighting, temperature control systems, building management systems, and digital systems
- Inspect a portion of the facility each day, so that the entire facility is inspected on a weekly basis
- Be a first responder and subject matter expert for any electrical, mechanical, plumbing or fire/life safety system breakdown
- Monitor, collect, and analyze data to track the performance of the various systems to ensure they are operating within the specified range.
- Performs basic trade work in one or more trades (plumbing, basic electrical, lighting, HVAC, door hardware, painting and patching walls)
- Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Maintain and ensure that all facilities storage rooms are neat, clean, and well-organized
- Work with Facilities Manager and the Space Planner to coordinate and carry out large scale moves and reconfigurations
- Assist in the movement of furniture and equipment as required within a premise or between various sites
- Work with Event Coordinators in setting furniture for events (regular and after-hours) and perform resets as needed
- 5+ years of commercial facilities maintenance experience required in a facility of at least 50K SF
- 2+ years of experience in a tech office environment
- Certifications in Universal CFC Certification
- Additional Certifications in Electrical, mechanical, HVAC or Refrigeration systems
- Detailed knowledge, understanding, and experience of building Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing & Fire Protection (MEPF) systems
- Ability to read and comprehend complex construction plans, equipment manuals and safety requirements
- Independent thinker who can identify and diagnose problems and implement solutions without direct supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with Zoox employees as well as outside vendors
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Must be able to consistently push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs and occasionally 75lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time and capable of extensive bending, stooping, crouching, stretching, carrying; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to work from elevated areas such as ladders, platforms, scaffolding, etc. up to 30 feet high, utilizing fall protection equipment as necessary to complete tasks
- Valid California driver’s license with good driving record
- Ability to work adjusted shifts, overtime and to be on-call
- Associates degree (A.A) or trade/technical school certificate
- Journeyman certification in either electrical or mechanical
- Experience with CAFM/CMMS software
- Spanish speaking
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.