Software Engineer - Simulation - AI Agents
Foster City, CA /
Software – Simulation /
Zoox is looking for software engineers to breathe life into our virtual cities with intelligent agents - the vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists, and more! You will make our simulated agents so realistic and capable, that we can set up and test against all potential encounters for our self-driving software.
- Design and implement intelligent simulated agent behaviors to model the full range of human behaviors
- Quantify and improve how realistically the simulated agents behave
- Learn the distribution of agent behaviors from real-world driving data, and replicate them in simulation
- Experience in traffic simulation, motion planning, crowd simulation, or related fields
- 4+ years of industry experience with C++
- BS in Computer Science or a related discipline
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Experience in robotics, data science, or machine learning
- 2+ years of industry experience with Python
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.