Optical Manufacturing Engineer
San Carlos, CA
Engineering – Hardware
As our optical manufacturing engineer, you will be responsible for developing and executing processes for the production of optical subsystems.
You will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as A.I. and robotics. You’ll master new technologies while working on hardware development in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and highly impact the final product.
- Maintain and develop procedures for assembling and aligning optical systems
- Document process instructions and teach technicians assembly process
- Develop software tools to assist with automation and process improvements
- Documenting any anomalies or failures seen during assembly as well as assisting internal engineering teams with failure analysis and corrective action
- Provide input to internal engineering teams on design improvements to improve manufacturability
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Aerospace, Biomedical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years work experience performing the activities contained within the job description
- Experience with opto-electrical alignment
- Experience with robot-assisted alignment
- Software tools (Python preferred, but not required) to automate precision mechanical alignment
- Familiarity with electronic troubleshooting equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc.
- Familiarity with soldering and basic fabrication
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.