Electrical Engineer, UX + Infotainment
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
As an Electrical Engineer on the Mechatronics Systems team, you will be specifying and designing user-facing hardware with a focus on interior and exterior audio. In this highly cross-functional role, you will need to develop requirements, solve challenging design problems, create and test prototypes, and manage supplier ramp into mass production. Our team is rapidly growing, and you'll have the opportunity to be involved in nearly every aspect of the vehicle development lifecycle, from concept design to supplier selection, all the way to final full-vehicle bring-up and line logistics.
If you are excited about solving difficult problems and have a passion for electro-acoustic product design, we want to hear from you!
- Specify, design, and validate electrical systems for interior and exterior audio.
- Create system schematics and review hardware layouts.
- Develop prototypes and bring up electrical assemblies on integration/test buck.
- Contribute to cross-functional supplier management as an EE project lead.
- Develop novel architectures and communications interfaces to solve complex HMI interactions.
- A degree in Electrical or Mechatronics engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in electrical design and integration; automotive or safety critical industry experience a plus, including high reliability systems.
- Audio systems design experience; acoustic testing a plus.
- Familiarity with A2B, Audio DSP design, and basics of FPGA design a major plus.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.