Engineering Manager - Software Tools
Menlo Park, CA
Engineering – Management
At Zoox, you'll be part of a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, mechatronics, planning, machine learning, control, localization, computer vision, rendering, simulation, distributed computing, design, and automated testing. Our Tools Engineers act as a multiplier for all other teams' efficiency, build scalable systems that allow us to move quickly today, and stay ahead of the competition in the long run.
You'll have the opportunity to manage and lead a team with a wide variety of technologies ranging from a full web stack, to desktop applications, to 3D rendering, and more. Our Tools Engineers bring their expertise to each project they tackle building both on-vehicle and off-vehicle systems as necessary and always moving Zoox forward.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of software development
- 3+ years of management experience
- Fluency in C / modern C++11
- Experience managing an engineering team within an agile/start-up environment
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.