Manager, Collision Avoidance
Foster City, CA
Software – Motion Planning & Control
Decision making and motion planning are the primary responsibilities of mobile robots. Taking input from a variety of perception and localization systems, the planner's job is to figure out where the robot is going and how to get their safely. You should be passionate about developing planning architectures and working on motion planning algorithms for dynamic environments. We are looking for an experienced manager who has built and lead bigger teams and is passionate about building complex robotic systems.
- 8+ years hands on experience developing complex robotic systems or relevant software.
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science or a related field
- Prior engineering management experience with complex robotic systems
- Experience in managing team sizes of 10+ engineers and working with recruiting to grow team
- Excellent soft-skills, communication skills and problem solving skills
- Experience in embedded software development
- Experience with high assurance development practices and tools (Polarion, ISO-26262, MISRA C/C++, etc.)
- Experience with writing functional requirements driven code and familiar with formal verification & validation techniques
- Familiarity with Hazard and Risk Assessment (HARA) and/or Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Experience with existing ADAS technologies, including adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, lane-following, automated lane changing.
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.