Process Engineer Intern
Foster City, CA
Fleet Operations – Base Operations
As a BaseOps Intern, you will help support part-by-part breakdowns of our vehicle fleet to improve serviceability. You will help provide insight on repair sequencing, time studies, safety-critical torque joints, and the transfer of pertinent field-level knowledge. You will also support the development of technical documentation which provides information to our frontline team. Lastly, you will work cross-functionally to identify opportunities to improve upon all actions taking place inside Zoox service and remanufacturing facilities
- Within 1 year of graduation (no later than 2021 graduation date)
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Working towards a manufacturing, industrial, or related engineering degree
- Familiarity with safety-critical process control
- Experience working in an automotive or manufacturing setting
- Strong technical communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with minimal guidance; a self-starter with the ability to build relationships across the company
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.