Test Engineer - Body Structures
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
As a Test Engineer for the Body Structures team, you will be responsible for testing and validating the Body Structure for the Zoox Robot. The candidate will be expected to produce system and vehicle level test plans according to the program timeline and spending forecast. This will require working with the Body design engineers as well as third party testing houses, labs and proving grounds to lead the testing activity. During the testing, the test engineer will be required to record, analyze, reduce and report all findings.
- Experience in the requirements of a body structure to include crash load cases, NVH and Durability
- Ability to post process and analyze data using tools (nCode Glyphworks/Matlab) to validate system performance is desirable
- Experience working with various test labs with broad contacts in the field of automotive testing
- Ability to operate and use diagnostic scan tools, scopes, meters, and other test equipment
- Experience with technical documentation in at least one full lifecycle vehicle program to include DVP&R and DFMEA
- Familiarity with structural adhesive and composites is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in automotive testing and validation
- Data acquisition system certification/training for data collection of vehicle instrumentation
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.