Embedded Systems Intern
Foster City, CA
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Sensor Engineering
As an embedded systems intern, you will work within a multidisciplinary engineering team to implement signal processing algorithms to enable proper functionality in sensors that enable cutting edge self-driving car technology to operate in challenging automotive conditions. You will get the opportunity to work with some of the industry’s top engineers from automotive, robotics and aerospace backgrounds on difficult and exciting platforms.
This internship position will require experience in custom RTL design, system-level design with Xilinx IPs and embedded software programming for Xilinx FPGAs. The intern will be expected to work closely with RTL designers and embedded software designers. This position will involve a deep understanding of the overall system and individual building blocks. Candidate will be responsible for the design of various custom components, interfacing with Xilinx IPs and ARM processors.
- Interface with cross-functional team to comprehend requirements, clarify challenges, and communicate tradeoffs
- Design custom RTL components to interface with Xilinx IPs and ARM processors
- Validate your RTL component designs
What You'll Need
- Proficiency in Verilog, C++, and Xilinx Tools
- At least one previous co-op or internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Hands on experience with Vivado
- Experience with Xilinx IPs, IP integrator, and SDK
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.