Electrical Integration Engineer
Foster City, CA
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Hardware Engineering
The Advanced Hardware Engineering team is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of sensor technology and the compute platform for our vehicles. On this team you will work within a multi-disciplinary engineering team to design high speed digital, low noise analog, mixed signal and RF circuits in accordance with industry standards, best practices, and requirements.
As an Electrical Integration Engineer you will work alongside Electrical Engineers in our team to validate our system operations standalone and across multiple platforms.
- Integration of multiple compute and control electrical subsystems. Ensure functionality/performance of multiple electrical subsystems across various corner conditions.
- Design validation of electrical subsystems on vehicles and test platforms.
- Support the debug of vehicle level issues. Focus on triaging low level HW integration issues that are specific to compute and control subsystems
- Support EE design of subsystems by assisting with circuit board design (including part selection, circuit design and simulation, schematic capture, and layout review)
- Cross-functional collaboration with software, mechanical, and integration engineering teams
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with focus on Electrical Engineering/Power Electronics
- 7+ years of professional work experience
- Strong electrical engineering, analog circuits, and power electronics fundamentals
- Proven track record of working with cross-functional teams on complex problems
- Experience in board and system level testing and characterization
- Working knowledge of circuit design and simulation tools
- Working knowledge of schematic design and PCB layout tools
- Hands-on lab experience such as soldering, and experience with lab equipment (power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscope)
- Familiarity with common industry technologies and protocols: I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, LIN, USB
- Lab scripting/test automation experience (LabView, MATLAB, Python)
- Experience with RF and EMI characterization, or Mechatronics experience
- Experience with environmental testing (vibration and thermal)
- Familiarity with Altium and Cadence design tools
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.